Right-click on the blank graphics area and select “Show Hidden Components.” SOLIDWORKS will display any components hidden in the assembly. If you click on the component, it will show it when you exit this state (which can be done by clicking Escape on your keyboard or clicking “Exit Show-Hidden”).
How do you show hidden parts in Solidworks?
To select hidden components to be shown:
- Click Show Hidden Components (Assembly toolbar). The Show Hidden dialog box appears. …
- In the graphics area, select components you want to show. The components you select disappear temporarily.
- In the dialog box, click Exit Show Hidden.
How do I show all components in a Solidworks assembly?
Either you used CTRL + SHIFT + TAB to show all hidden components, then have to re-select them all in the graphic area.
How do you hide items in Solidworks assembly?
Right-click a component in the drawing view or in the FeatureManager design tree and select Show/Hide > Hide Component. If the component is hidden, you can show it again by right-clicking the component in the FeatureManager design tree (not in the drawing view) and selecting Show/Hide > Show Component.
How do you make an exploded assembly in Solidworks?
Creating Exploded Views (Assemblies)
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .
How do I Unsuppress all parts in a Solidworks assembly?
Click Unsuppress on the Features toolbar. (In parts with multiple configurations, applies to only the current configuration.) Click Edit > Unsuppress, then select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Selected Configurations.
How do you draw a BOM in Solidworks?
To create a BOM directly from a part or assembly:
- With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click . To create a parts-only BOM, select Parts only for BOM Type. …
- Click the graphics area to place the BOM.
How do I make an assembly configuration in Solidworks?
Special Assembly Configurations
- Click File > Open.
- Browse to the desired assembly document, select Advanced under Configurations, and click Open.
- In the Configure Document dialog box, select one of the following: Option. Description. …
- Type a new Configuration name, and click OK. The assembly opens in the new configuration.
How do I use Explorer in Solidworks?
To activate the SOLIDWORKS Explorer:
- From within the SOLIDWORKS application, click Tools > SOLIDWORKS Explorer.
- From the Windows Start menu, click All Programs > SOLIDWORKS version > SOLIDWORKS Explorer version .
- Create a shortcut by dragging the SOLIDWORKS Explorer icon to your desktop.
How do I find a design tree in Solidworks?
To search the FeatureManager design tree:
- Right-click anywhere in the FeatureManager design tree (except Materials. ), and select Go To.
- In the dialog box, enter a text string for Find what.
- Click Find Next as many times as needed. The tree is searched from top to bottom. To reverse direction, clear Start from the top.