How can I get my UCS back to normal?
“At the command line, type “UCS” then choose the “World” option. Next type “Plan” and choose “World”. Yes, I’ve tried that. The UCS resets itself to the World position where I’d like it to remain, then on changing views reverts to the other position.
How do I change the WCS in AutoCAD?
On the View tab of the Ribbon, go to the Coordinates panel and select World from the drop-down menu. Under the ViewCube expand the coordinate system drop down and select WCS. On the command line in AutoCAD, type PLAN and then World.
How do I reset my AutoCAD to default settings?
Start menu > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD 201x > Reset Settings To Default.
To reset the entire program:
- Click Preferences under the AutoCAD menu.
- Click the Application tab.
- Click the Reset Application Options button.
- Click Reset AutoCAD.
How do you change WCS to UCS in AutoCAD?
To make WCS active, type UCS and hit return twice (or rightclick on ucsicon and choose WCS). To move your objects to the WCS origin, turn on, unlock, and thaw all layers.
How do I get rid of UCS in AutoCAD?
To Delete a UCS Definition
- Click View tab Coordinates panel Named UCS. Find.
- In the UCS dialog box, Named UCSs tab, select the UCS definition you want to delete.
- Press Delete. You cannot delete the current UCS or a UCS with the default name UNNAMED.
How do I unlock UCS in AutoCAD?
Enter ucsicon at the Command prompt, and enter ON or OFF. you can turn off the UCS icon in a single viewport or all viewports. Each layout also provides a UCS icon in paper space. Use UCS2DDISPLAYSETTING to hide the UCS icon when the current visual style is 2D Wireframe.
What is the difference between WCS and UCS in AutoCAD?
The coordinates of the world coordinate system(WCS) define the location of all objects and the standard views of AutoCAD drawings. However, WCS are permanent and invisible. … AutoCAD provides a movable coordinate system called the user coordinate system(UCS). The XY plane of the UCS is called the workplane.
How do I change UCS settings in AutoCAD?
Follow these steps:
- On the Coordinates panel of the Home tab, choose UCS, Named UCS. AutoCAD displays the UCS dialog box.
- With the Named UCSs tab current, select Unnamed in the UCSs list. …
- Right-click Unnamed and choose Rename from the shortcut menu. …
- Type a name for the new UCS and press Enter. …
- Click OK.
How do I reset Autodesk?
Go to the Start menu > all Programs > Autodesk > expand your software folder and then click on “Reset Settings to default”. Select “Reset custom settings” and this will reset the software and launch.
How do I change settings in AutoCAD?
How to select options and specify preferences for general drawing settings.
- Click Application button > Options.
- In the Options dialog box, click a tab and set options as desired.
- Save the settings: To save the settings and keep working in the dialog box, click Apply.