How do I compress a Solidworks file?
Highly Compressed Graphics Files
- With a SOLIDWORKS part or assembly document open, click File > Save As.
- In the dialog box, set Save as type to HCG (*. hcg).
- Type the file name in the File name box, and click Save.
How do I reduce the size of a STL file in Solidworks?
The command can be found in the Insert menu > Net > Reduce mesh object. Then select the file and choose the reduction as a percentage or by entering the target number of triangles. You can also reduce the triangles locally using the facets painter.
How do you scale all dimensions in Solidworks?
A 3D Solid Body can be scaled up or down using the SOLIDWORKS Scale feature. In this blog article other than introducing the Scale feature, a few scaling scenarios are also reviewed. The Scale Feature could be can under the Insert menu > Features > Scale or Insert menu > Molds > Scale.
How do I change the size of a Solidworks file?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
How do I reduce the size of a STEP file?
- encase the cad model in a simple cube. After transferring, delete the cube.
- Zip, rar, or otherwise compress the file.
- Span the file across multiple smaller files (zip and rar support spanning)
- Create a 2D drawing and send it as a small PDF file. 1 0. Autonomous Robot 27 Aug, 2019 10:48 PM.
Is there a free version of Solidworks?
Currently, there are two options available to try SOLIDWORKS for free. The first option is through MySolidWorks which offers an online product trial of the latest version of SOLIDWORKS Premium, all from within your browser. … These SOLIDWORKS trials can be created for 7, 15, or 30 days.
What is the size of Solidworks software?
2GB free disk space; 5GB recommended.
How do I print actual size in SOLIDWORKS?
- In a drawing, click File > Print.
- In the dialog box, under Print range, choose Selection, then click OK. …
- Select a scale factor to apply to the selected area: …
- Drag the selection frame to position it. …
- Click OK to print the selected area.
How do I change units in Solidworks 2019?
To set units options:
- Click Simulation > Options. …
- Under Unit system, select SI (International System of Units), English (U.S. Customary Unit System), or Metric (gravitational system of units).
- Under Units, select the desired units for Length/Displacement, Temperature, Angular velocity, and Pressure/Stress.
- Click OK.
How do you repair dimensions in Solidworks?
To set a fixed length:
- Select the spline to dimension.
- Click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart Dimensions.
- Click anywhere on the spline to place the dimension and click. …
- Drag an endpoint of the spline.
How do you change inches to mm in Solidworks?
Changing units in the SOLIDWORKS user interface could not be simpler. Go to Tools>Options>Document Properties>Units to change the units that are being used within the SOLIDWORKS design environment.