You may be able to recover your file by navigating to your AutoSave folder and looking for a file named database. fdb, copy it to your desktop, rename it and change the extension to . pln instead of . fdb, then open it in ArchiCAD, there may still be hope that this is your file at its state during the computer crash.
How do I open an old ARCHICAD file?
How do I open really old files if I have a CodeMeter key? Download the Archicad 7.0 File Converter package. With this, you can open files as old as 4.1. Then, once converted to Archicad 7.0 format, you can open the file in Archicad 10.
How do I fix a corrupted PLN file?
TIP: How to repair a corrupt PLN file
- Create a New & Reset file in ArchiCAD.
- Delete all layers from this file and save it. We used the name crashmerge.pln.
- Open your “corrupt” file and select File->Merge and select the crashmerge. pln file to merge.
- Save your file.
How do I save a project in archicad?
Save ARCHICAD Project. Use File > Save to save your project. Choosing File > Save as allows you to save the Project under a new name, archive it or save the current window’s contents in a variety of file formats.
What is archicad solo project?
Solo Projects (. pln) are the main native document type of ARCHICAD. A . pln file includes all model data and the views generated for the project, as well as the default settings, attributes and library references.
Where can I download ArchiCAD 22?
The latest version Archicad is now available for immediate download for Educational use via MyArchicad.com. To obtain a copy of Archicad 22 for Educational use, simply register to start downloading the required program files.
How do I save ArchiCAD in lower version?
1. Use File > Save as… 2.In the Save dialog box, choose ARCHICAD 22 Project from the Save as type list. When back-saving your ARCHICAD project, any library parts that were revised for the latest version will be automatically replaced by their counterparts in the previous version.
How do I open a BIMx File?
Double-click the BIMx model to open it in the viewer, or use the File > Open command from the BIMx menu. To access the BIMx menu, press the ESC key.
Can I open BIMx in ARCHICAD?
In Archicad, open the model in the 3D window (perspective or axonometric view). Launch the File > Export for BIMx command. The Export for BIMx status window opens.
Can ARCHICAD open FBX?
Yes, you can export FBX files from Revit and import these files as 3D objects in ARCHICAD.
What can ARCHICAD do?
ARCHICAD is an architectural BIM CAD software for Macintosh and Windows developed by the Hungarian company Graphisoft. ARCHICAD offers computer aided solutions for handling all common aspects of aesthetics and engineering during the whole design process of the built environment — buildings, interiors, urban areas, etc.
How do I fix a corrupted ArchiCAD file?
Introduced with ARCHICAD 17 a feature that will enable you to repair a corrupt file.
- Start ARCHICAD.
- Start a blank file then go to File>Open>Open>
- Enable the box ‘Open and repair’ (see image attached)
- Select the file and click Open.
How can I make ArchiCAD faster?
You can further speed up ARCHICAD by:
- Navigate to ARCHICAD > Work Environment > Advanced Redraw Options.
- Set 2D Drawing Hardware Acceleration to Full.
How do I merge ArchiCAD files?
Merging Files to ArchiCAD. Use the File > File Special > Merge command to paste the elements of another ArchiCAD Project, a Module, DWF/DWG/DXF, HPGL (. plt) file, IFC file, or other image or model-type file into ArchiCAD.