How do I link CAD details to Revit?
Link a CAD File
- Open the Revit model.
- If you want the linked file to display only in a particular view, open that view.
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Link CAD).
- In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the file to link, and select the file.
How do I sync Civil 3D?
Synchronizing Drawing Data with Project Data
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, under the Open Drawings collection, right-click the drawing you want to synchronize.
- Click Sync To Project.
- In the Sync To Project dialog box, select the out-of-date project objects you want synchronized.
- Click OK.
Can you convert 3D CAD to Revit?
You can easily convert 3D cad solids to Revit Families using CAD to RFA tool from PowerPack for Revit® available in Autodesk Exchange App Store. This command can be very useful for creating 2D and 3D Generic Model Families in Revit, using existent CAD blocks and geometry.
How do I import a Revit model?
Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD). In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type. Navigate to the folder that contains the file to import, and select the file. Tip: Make sure you import the geometric data needed for the Revit capability that you plan to use.
Why is CAD not showing in Revit?
Causes: The CAD file has values much higher than the 20 mile limit for geometry from internal origin that was applied for Revit. The values themselves are not a problem but the CAD file has reference blocks that refer to 0,0,0 which is the cause of not displaying the CAD link.
Can I open DWG file in Revit?
Revit supports the import of ACIS objects contained in DWG, DXF, DGN, and SAT files. You can incorporate a Trimble® SketchUp® design into a Revit project to provide a starting point for the building model.
How do I update a linked CAD in Revit?
To update links without closing the current project, you can unload and reload the links. To access tools for link management, click Manage tab Manage Project panel (Manage Links). To update linked models without closing the current project, you can reload the linked models.
What are Civil 3D shortcuts?
Data shortcuts are stored in the _Shortcuts folder for the active project and are used to create data references to the source objects in other drawings. Each data shortcut is stored in a separate XML file.
How do I create a surface data shortcut in Civil 3D?
Open up source drawing containing the Civil 3D object. Set the Working Folder.
In the Manage Tab > Data Shortcuts > Create Data Shortcuts.
- Select the surface or other Civil 3D object you wish to create a shortcut folder.
- Press Ok.
- Check the shortcut was created by expanding the Data Shortcuts in the Prospector.
How do I change the working directory in Civil 3D?
Changing the Working Folder
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, right-click the Projects collection.
- Click Properties.
- In the Properties – AutoCAD Civil 3D Projects dialog box, under Working Folder, click .
- In the Browse For Folder dialog box, browse to the folder and click OK.
What is the shortcut to add alignment to data?
In the Data Shortcuts >> Alignments collection, right-click First Street. Click Create Reference. In the Create Alignment Reference dialog box, click OK. The alignment is displayed in the drawing.