Select File > Import. In the Import dialog box that opens, navigate to the STL file that you want to import and select it. (Optional) Select STereoLithography Files (. stl) from the file type drop-down list and then click the Options button.
How do I open a .STL file?
Programs that open STL files
- Microsoft 3D Viewer.
- Microsoft Print 3D.
- IMSI TurboCAD Pro.
- GOM Inspect.
- ideaMK STL Viewer.
- Parametric Technology Creo.
- Dassault Systemes CATIA.
What programs can open STL files?
STL files can be opened by three categories of software; Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software, Slicer Software, and Mesh Editing software.
How do I open a STL file in Solidworks 2020?
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Start SOLIDWORKS and click Open. …
- Change the file type to STL (*.stl) …
- Notice that a new Options button is available now. …
- Change import body to Solid Body or Surface Body and press OK. …
- Browse to the STL file you want to import and click Open.
Can I open STL file in AutoCAD?
While some CAD programs are able to import STL files, AutoCAD users will know that it isn’t possible with this software. … It’s highly compatible with other CAD software, making it one of the most commonly used formats around.
Can Maya open STL files?
Maya does not export . stl files so we will use either Rhino or 3DS Max.
How do I convert a STL file to PDF?
How to convert STL to PDF
- Open free GroupDocs App website and choose GroupDocs.Conversion application.
- Click inside the file drop area to upload STL file or drag & drop STL file.
- Click on Convert button. …
- You can also send a link to the PDF file to your email address.
How do I convert STL files to photos?
Here are 3 simple steps to create an STL file from a JPG or PNG file.
- Upload a JPG or PNG. Click the “Upload a File” button and select an image file (PNG or JPG) to upload. …
- Select your Options. Set the dimensions and other options and click the “Convert to STL” button to convert your JPG or PNG to STL.
- Download your STL.
How do I open a 3D model?
Just install the software OBJ Viewer To begin viewing 3D files, simply do the following Install the extension OBJ Viewer Click on the extension icon Choose the 3D file you wish to open Begin viewing your 3D files online today! This 3D viewer works for both STL and OBJ file formats.
Can you import STL files into SOLIDWORKS?
You can set import options when you import . stl, . wrl, or . 3mf files as SOLIDWORKS documents.
Can you convert STL files in SOLIDWORKS?
As for SOLIDWORKS, it has the ability to import STL files. … Go to System Options > Import, and set your File Format to STL. This is where we will change the import option to Solid Body. Now, the next time you open an STL, SOLIDWORKS will automatically convert the Mesh to a Solid Body.
Can you edit a STL file in SOLIDWORKS?
Using SOLIDWORKS 2020, you can now directly add or remove features just as you would on a solid body model. … In this article, we go over how to remove the slot feature from a bracket model and re-export the file as a mesh STL.