Open Sketchup. Navigate to “file” and select “import.” In the bottom right drop down menu select “STL.” Click on the file you want to use and select “import.”
Does SketchUp free support STL files?
It even works in Free! There are two ways to make STL files for 3D printing with SketchUp’s desktop program: To export your model as an STL file, install the SketchUp STL extension from the SketchUp Team. You can also download and install this extension from within SketchUp, which we encourage.
Can you import 3D models into SketchUp?
You can import 3DS models into SketchUp, and if you have SketchUp Pro, you can export SketchUp models into 3DS format, too. Tip: 3DS offers a direct way to export simpler SketchUp models into a wide range of 3D modeling packages.
Can I open STL file in SketchUp?
In SketchUp, you can import and export STL files, which are used in 3D printing. As explained in 3D Printing a Model, for a SketchUp model to become a successful 3D printout, the model needs to meet certain criteria, such as having a base and a volume and being a solid.
What program opens STL files?
7 of the best free STL file editors
- MeshLab. MeshLab is a very complete free and open source program to edit your STL files. …
- SketchUp. SketchUp, which used to be called Google SketchUp, is a 3D modeling software that now belongs to the architectural company Trimble Buildings. …
- SculptGL. SculptGL is a free 3D sculpting tool.
How do I make a STL file?
To save a model or a model assembly in STL Format:
- File > Save As (Save As dialog box opens)
- From the Save as type drop-down menu select STL (*.stl)
- Click Options.
- The Export Options dialog box will display the file in a tessellated view.
- File Format selection is STL.
Can you import Matterport to SketchUp?
We Get Around created a proprietary process to convert the Matterport Object File (. OBJ) to a SketchUp File (. SKP) to enable anyone – anywhere – to be a 3D modeler within the SketchUp application.
How do I export and import 3D objects?
- Choose what you want to export. …
- Click the menu button and select Export and then Export 3D Objects…
- Set the File Format option to Collada (*. …
- In the Source drop-down list, choose what you want to export: an object, floor, or the entire project.
- Set up the export options. …
- Type a file name and click Save.
Can you import DWG into SketchUp free?
You can import CAD files into SketchUp Shop, but not our Free web version. This is one of the many features you can get by unlocking a Shop subscription here. Currently, the only available formats for import in SketchUp Free for Web are these: SKP.
Why can’t I import DWG files into SketchUp?
Only SketchUp Pro can import 2D CAD files in DWG and DXF format; SketchUp Make doesn’t include this functionality. … If you have an AutoCAD file, open it in AutoCAD and take a look at its layer structure. Make a copy of the file, delete everything you don’t need to bring into SketchUp Pro, and proceed from there.
Why CAD file is not import into SketchUp?
Note: Currently, Sketchup cannot read the new 2018 DWG file format. Therefore, if making frequently use of Sketchup with DWG files, be sure that AutoCAD 2018 (and newer) products are set to save as “AutoCAD 2013 drawing” or earlier.