How do I edit a mass profile in Revit?
Editing In-Place Massing Families
- Open a project file.
- On the ribbon, click Massing & Site tab Conceptual Mass panel Show Mass Form and Floors.
- Select the mass. …
- Click Modify | Mass tab Model panel Edit In-Place. …
- Modify the mass.
- Click Model In-Place Mass tab In-Place Editor panel Finish Mass.
How do you create a profile in Revit?
Create a Profile Family
- Click File tab New Family.
- In the New Family – Select Template File dialog, select a profile template, and click Open. …
- If necessary, sketch reference planes for constraining the lines in the profile.
- Click Create tab Detail panel (Line), and sketch the profile loop.
How do you edit an extrusion profile in Revit?
Edit an Extrusion
- In the drawing area, select the extrusion.
- If you are in the project environment: …
- Click Modify | Extrusion tab Mode panel (Edit Extrusion).
- If desired, modify the extrusion profile.
- On the Properties palette, change the visibility, material, or subcategory of the extrusion, if desired.
How do you create shapes in Revit?
Create solid geometry with the Create Form tool.
- On the Create tab Draw panel, select one of the drawing tools.
- Click in the drawing area, and draw a closed loop.
- Select the closed loop.
- Click Modify | Lines tab Form panel (Create Form).
How do you blend in Revit?
To create a blend, select the blend command. You are placed in the Sketch mode. Select a tool from the Draw menu to draw a closed-loop sketch for the base of the blend. Once the base sketch is complete, click Edit Top on the Mode panel of the contextual tab.
How do you create a family profile?
Create a Google Account for your child
- Open the Family Link app. . If you don’t have the Family Link app, visit the Family Link setup page to get started.
- In the top right, tap Create .
- Follow the instructions on screen to create the account.
- When you’re done, a confirmation will show on the screen.
Where is the extrusion tool in Revit?
Click Modify | Create Extrusion tab Mode panel (Finish Edit Mode). Revit completes the extrusion and returns you to the view in which you started the extrusion. To view the extrusion, open a 3D view.
Where is Family Editor in Revit?
Select an instance of the family in the drawing area, and click Modify | <Element> tab Mode panel (Edit Family). Double-click an instance of the family in the drawing area. Note: The double-click editing behavior is determined by the setting for the Family element type in the Double-click Options.
What is the meaning of extrusion?
An extrusion is a part or length of material formed by pushing a material through a die with a particular cross-section. The window frames are extrusions because they are made by forcing aluminum in a plastic state through a shaped die and then cooling it.
What are some advantages to designing a Revit project as a mass?
Masses are a powerful tool in early stages of projects. They allow the designer to check the initial proposals in terms of area, volume, and associated costs. They are also very useful to create complex geometry where native basic elements are suitable tools for the wanted results.
Where is located conceptual mass?
By default, conceptual mass templates are stored in this location: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%AutodeskRVT 2020Family Templates<language>Conceptual Mass.