To convert a boundary surface into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Boundary Surface, and in Options and Preview, click Create solid. To convert a trim-surface feature into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Trim Surface and in Surface Split Options, click Create solid.
Can you open STL in SOLIDWORKS?
STL files are hard to work with, but can be used effectively with greater understanding. STL (stereolithography) file types are commonly used in CAM and 3D printing, but are unfortunately difficult to work with in SOLIDWORKS. When opening an STL file, the software crash completely.
Is there a free version of SOLIDWORKS?
Currently, there are two options available to try SOLIDWORKS for free. The first option is through MySolidWorks which offers an online product trial of the latest version of SOLIDWORKS Premium, all from within your browser. … These SOLIDWORKS trials can be created for 7, 15, or 30 days.
How do I show the surface bar in SOLIDWORKS?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars:
- Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name.
- Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
How do you join a surface in SOLIDWORKS?
In the PropertyManager, under Selections:
- Select faces and surfaces for Surfaces and Faces to Knit .
- Select Try to form solid to create a solid model from enclosed surfaces.
- Select Merge entities to merge faces with the same underlying geometry.