How do I save a SOLIDWORKS drawing as a picture?
To set the export options:
- Click File > Save As.
- Select Tif (*. tif), Adobe Photoshop Files (*. psd), or JPEG (*. jpg) for Save as type, then click Options.
- Select from the options described below, then click OK. Option. Description. Image type. Select: Black & white (bilevel) …
- Click Save to export the document.
How do I save a SOLIDWORKS file as a PNG?
To save SOLIDWORKS files as Portable Network Graphics files: Click File > Save as. In Save as type, select Portable Network Graphics (*. png).
How do I export high quality images from SOLIDWORKS?
Go to, View -> Display -> Tangent Edges Removed. Select the preferred image file type and click on “Options” button. The default setting is set to Screen capture which is same as selecting the Print Screen button. Change the option to the Print capture.
How do I export a vector image from SOLIDWORKS?
The first is to orient the part or assembly how you want to view it and under the File tab select “Save As…” and change the file type to “Dxf (*. dxf)”. The alternative, and prefered way is to create a SOLIDWORKS drawing from the model with multiple view that you will want in Adobe Illustrator and save the views as .
How do I save a Solidworks file as a JPEG?
To export a SOLIDWORKS document as a JPEG file:
- With a SOLIDWORKS document open, click File > Save As. The Save As dialog box appears.
- Set Save as type to JPEG (*. jpg).
- Click Options. See TIFF, Photoshop, and JPEG Export Options.
- Type the file name in the File name box, and click Save.
Where do Solidworks image capture go?
Captures the graphics area of the active window or viewport onto the clipboard. To capture the screen: Click Image Capture (Screen Capture toolbar) or View > Screen Capture > Image Capture.
How do you make an exploded assembly in Solidworks?
Creating Exploded Views (Assemblies)
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .
How do you render in Solidworks?
Rendering with PhotoView 360
- With a model open, click Tools > Add-In and add in PhotoView 360.
- Start a preview in the graphics area or open the Preview window to see how changes you make to the model affect the rendering.
- Edit appearances, the scene, and decals.
- Edit lights. …
- Edit PhotoView Options.
How do I make SOLIDWORKS look realistic?
You can use RealView and Ambient Occlusion to add realism to your models without rendering. You can use PhotoView 360 within SOLIDWORKS or Visualize, a standalone suite of tools, to produce photo-realistic renderings of your models.
How do I change the quality of a picture in SOLIDWORKS?
To set the image display quality options:
- Click Options or Tools, Options.
- On the Document Properties tab, select Image Quality.
- Select from the options described below, then click OK.
Is solidworks a vector?
Yes, the data is vectors (just not beziers). Yes, you can get a vector drawing but not one that looks like the current view. The 3d rendering engine produces raster images because the technology is different from what graphics designers use. You can also convert the image to a vector edge line drawing.
How do I export a line drawing in Solidworks?
Exporting Drawings as DXF or DWG
- Click File > Save As.
- In the dialog box, for Save as type, select DXF or DWG.
- Click Options.
- Set options and click OK. …
- In the Save As dialog box, type the filename and click Save.
- If the SOLIDWORKS to DXF/DWG Mapping dialog box appears, specify mapping options and click OK.
How do I import an AI file into solidworks?
To import Adobe Illustrator files, click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open and select Adobe Illustrator (*. ai) for Files of type. To export Adobe Illustrator files, click File > Save As and select Adobe Illustrator (*. ai) for Files of type.