How do you edit a surface in Revit?
Add points for accuracy if needed.
- Click Modify | Topography tab Surface panel (Edit Surface).
- Click Edit Surface tab Tools panel (Simplify Surface).
- Open the site plan view and select the toposurface.
- Enter a value for surface accuracy, and click OK.
- Click (Finish Surface).
How do you change topography surface in Revit?
To view or change toposurface or subregion properties, open a 3D view or a site plan view, and then click Massing & Site tab Model Site panel (Toposurface). Select the surface material from the list. You can create your own toposurface material. Topographical surfaces do not support materials with surface patterns.
How do you do topography in Revit?
Create a Toposurface by Placing Points
- Open a 3D view or a site plan view.
- Click Massing & Site tab Model Site panel (Toposurface).
- On the Options Bar, set a value for Elevation. …
- Next to the Elevation text box, select one of the following: …
- Click in the drawing area to place points. …
- Click (Finish Surface).
How do you create a surface in Revit?
Create a Surface Form
- Select a model line, reference line, or geometry edge in the drawing area.
- Click Modify | Lines tab Form panel (Create Form). The line or edge will extrude as a surface.
How do you make subregion?
Create a Toposurface Subregion
- Open a site plan that displays a toposurface.
- Click Massing & Site tab Modify Site panel (Subregion). Revit enters sketch mode.
- Click (Pick Lines) or use other sketching tools to create a subregion on the toposurface. Note: Use a single closed loop to create a toposurface subregion.
How do you split Toposurface in Revit?
Open a site plan or 3D view. In the drawing area, select the toposurface to split. Revit Architecture enters sketch mode. Click Modify | Split Surface tab Draw panel (Pick Lines), or use other sketch tools to split the toposurface.
How do you show contour lines in Revit?
Use the Site Settings dialog to view or change site settings. To change site settings properties, click Massing & Site tab Model Site panel . Displays contour lines.
What is the use of Toposurface in Revit?
The Toposurface tool defines a topographical surface (a toposurface) using points or imported data. You can create toposurfaces in 3D views or site plans. Watch these videos to learn how to create and work with toposurfaces, subregions, and graded regions. Create a toposurface by placing points in the drawing area.
Where are Revit site settings?
To access the Site Settings dialog, click the dialog launcher on the Model Sight panel. In the Site Settings dialog, you can modify the contour line display by adding contours. To do this, click Insert. Change the Start, Stop, and Increments values and select the desired Range Type and Subcategory.
How do you create a void form in Revit?
Create a Void Form
- On the Create tab Draw panel, select one of the drawing tools.
- Click in the drawing area, and draw a closed loop that intersects solid geometry.
- Select the closed loop.
- Click Modify | Lines tab Form panel Create Form drop-down (Void Form).
What is building pad in Revit?
You add a building pad by sketching a closed loop on a toposurface. After sketching the pad, you can specify a value to control the height offset from the level and other properties. … You then sketch a pad on the surface at an offset of –20 meters from the surface.