In the specification tree, right click and select Front view object> Modify Projection plane . The front view and all the projection views are highlighted, showing that the modification will impact all the views. Select an edge of the part as your new reference plane.
How do I change the view on Catia?
Editing the View Angle
- Select View > Commands List then choose View Angle from the list or enter directly c:view angle in the power input field. …
- Select Perspective . …
- Drag the green arrow (which turns red) to change the view angle.
How do I change the isometric view in Catia?
Changing the View Properties
- Right-click the isometric view and select Properties .
- On the View tab, check 3D Colors in the Dress-up area.
- In the Generation Mode area, select Raster from the View generation mode drop-down list.
- Click the Options button. …
- Select Shading with edges from the Mode drop-down list.
How do I change the axis orientation in Catia v5?
- Select Insert > Axis System from the menu bar or click Axis System . …
- Select the point as shown to position the origin of the axis system you wish to create. …
- If you are not satisfied with x axis, for instance click the X Axis field and select a line to define a new direction for x axis.
How do I rotate a section view in Catia?
Rotating a Drawing View
- Click on the view or select the view you want to rotate.
- Click on Rotate View on the heads up tool bar or standard tool bar.
- You’ll now see a Rotate Drawing View pop up window.
- Fill in the desired angle value (I have used 90°).
How do I change absolute axis in Catia?
Start CATIA V5 1. Open attached CATPart 2. Click Absolute Axis System in the tree and select Replace by MB3 3. Select Axis System.
How do I find my coordinates on CATIA?
- Click Point . The Point Definition dialog box appears.
- Select the Coordinates point type.
- Enter the X, Y, Z coordinates in the current axis-system.
- Optionally, select a Reference Point . …
- Click Compass Location . …
- Click OK to create the point.
How do I make Axis bigger in CATIA?
To change the Axis System display size
Go to: Tools > Options > Infrastructure > Part Infrastructure > Display and look under ‘Display In Geometry Area’ To adjust the size, control the slider labelled ‘Axis system display size (in mm)’ The Axis System display can vary between 1mm – 100mm.
How do I view sections in Catia?
Creating an Offset Section View / Cut
- In the Drawing window, click Offset Section View in the Views toolbar ( Sections sub-toolbar). If desired, you can also click Offset Section Cut . …
- Create the first point of the profile. …
- Choose the constraint. …
- Double-click to end the cutting profile creation.
How do I take sections in Catia?
Creating 3D Section Cuts
- Select Insert > Sectioning from the menu bar, or click Sectioning in the DMU Space Analysis toolbar and create a section plane. …
- In the Definition tab, click Volume Cut to obtain a section cut: