Can Revit open RFA files?
The Revit Family File is stored in the RFA format and is affixed with the RFA extension, and is used by Revit. … Autodesk Revit Architecture 2013, Autodesk Revit Structure 2013, Autodesk Revit MEP 2013 software can be used in Microsoft Windows based systems to access and read RFA files.
How do I import a file into Revit?
Import a CAD File
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD).
- In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the file to import, and select the file. …
- Specify options. …
- Click Open.
How do I open an RFA file?
How to Open Rfa Files
- Open a browser and go to the Autodesk website.
- Click on “Product Trial” on the main menu to the far left.
- Fill out the information that the page asks for including your name, your address and your phone number. …
- Select your language on the next page with the drop down menu.
Where does Revit store RFA files?
Revit families (rfa) can be stored anywhere. You normally store these files in a folder where you can easily find them back. In due time you will build up a catalog of downloaded and families created by yourself. You also might create sub-folders to organize the different families.
What programs can open RFA files?
Programs that open RFA files
- Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture.
- Autodesk Revit Structure.
- Autodesk MEP.
What app can open RFA file?
Only the Autodesk Revit Architecture program can be used to open these . rfa files. It’s best to leave these RFA files alone, in order for the associated Revit Architecture design model to continue working properly.
Can I import DWG to Revit?
You can import data from other CAD programs into a Revit model. Supported CAD formats include AutoCAD (DWG and DXF), MicroStation® (DGN), Trimble® SketchUp® (SKP and DWG), SAT, and 3DM (Rhinoceros®). When you import a file, the format of the imported file may support varying qualities of geometry.
Can you import a 3D CAD file into Revit?
Open a Revit model, and use the Import CAD tool to import vector data from other CAD programs. If you want to import 3D geometry using SAT or 3DM files, see Import a 3D Shape. Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD). In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type.
How do I import an RVT file into Revit?
- Click Insert tab Load from Library panel (Load as Group).
- In the Load File as Group dialog, navigate to the Revit project, family, or group you want to load.
- If you are loading an RVT or RVG file, select whether you want to include attached details, levels, or grids. …
- Click Open.
Can I open a RFA file in AutoCAD?
Autocad Architecture doesn’t open RFA files either. In which software you want to use the . dwg object? If you have AutoCAD LT that has no 3d module( if my memory serves me right ) , you can load 3d objects but you are not able to edit them….
Can Rhino open RFA files?
You will need to use BIMscript app in RHINO. There is an easy way to get 150 formats out of your RFA family. CADENAS have a possiblitity to import a RFA family and after that they can export 150 different formats.
Can SketchUp open RFA files?
RFA file 3D drawing to open in Sketchup. … The RFA file is a Revit Family file, not a conventional 3D model file. It can only be opened in the Revit Family Editor or inserted as a component into a Revit model.
Where are Revit files saved?
To save a copy of a file, use the Save As tool.
- Click File tab (Save As).
- Select a Project, Family, Template, or Library file type to save.
- In the Save As dialog, navigate to the desired folder.
- If desired, change the file name.
- To specify save options, click Options, set the options as desired, and click OK.
Where are my Revit Families stored?
When trying to access Revit family files, you may encounter a problem locating the files. Issue: By default, family files are typically stored in a location like the following: C:ProgramDataAutodesk<product> <release>Libraries.