How do you draw in Solidworks?
To create a drawing from within a part or assembly document:
- Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar or New flyout menu).
- Select options for Sheet Format/Size, then click OK.
- Drag views from the View Palette into the drawing sheet, and set options in the PropertyManager.
What does sketch do in Solidworks?
The sketch is the basis for a 3D model. You can create a sketch on any of the default planes (Front Plane, Top Plane, and Right Plane), or a created plane. You can also create a sketch on a flat surface, a spline on a surface, or the face of a solid.
Can you free draw in Solidworks?
You can use pen and touch with compatible touch-enabled devices to create freehand sketch strokes and convert them into sketch geometry. This toolbar is available for touch-enabled devices. The Touch tool on a touch-enabled device allows you to draw sketches on the screen with your finger.
How do you fit a drawing in Solidworks?
To set scales:
- To set the scale of an existing drawing sheet, do one of the following: In the status bar click Sheet Scale and click a scale. …
- To set the scale of a drawing view, do one of the following: For existing drawing views, select a view or views, then set the Scale in the PropertyManager.
How easy is it to learn SolidWorks?
Solidworks is fairly simple when it comes to computers designing softwares. If you really put an effort then maximum of 1 month is enough to learn it. And you’ll get better with practice.
How do you sketch tool in Solidworks?
The Sketch Fillet tool trims away the corner at the intersection of two sketch entities to create a tangent arc. This tool is available for both 2D and 3D sketches. The Fillet tool on the Features toolbar fillets entities such as edges in parts.
How do you sketch ink in SolidWorks?
To activate the Sketch Ink CommandManager, right-click the CommandManager tab and click Sketch Ink or View > Toolbars > Sketch Ink. To access the Touch tool, in the Sketch Ink CommandManager, click Touch and use a finger to sketch entities in the graphics area.
How do I resize a sketch in Solidworks?
To scale a sketch:
- In an active sketch, click Modify Sketch. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Modify.
- In the dialog box, under Scale About, select one of the following: Option. Description. Sketch origin. …
- Type a value for Factor, and press Enter. You cannot scale a sketch that has external references.
- Click Close.
How do I increase the size of a drawing in Solidworks?
To set the scale of an existing drawing sheet, do one of the following:
- In the status bar click Sheet Scale and click a scale.
- Right-click the sheet and select Properties, then edit the values of Scale.
How do you change the size of a part in Solidworks?
Scaling a Part
- In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale .
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
- Click. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set. The Scale feature scales only the geometry of the model.