The problem may be caused by a faulty AutoCAD installation or corruption of software resultant from a system crash. Resetting AutoCAD may resolve the issue. In some cases, AutoCAD may need to be uninstalled and reinstalled.
Why is my cursor very slow and jumpy in AutoCAD?
In AutoCAD whenever moving the mouse over objects the cursor slows down or seems jumpy like a mystery snap setting is on. Of course snap is turned off. It’s always a good idea to make sure you’re using a graphics card driver that has been tested and recommended by Autodesk for the AutoCAD or AutoCAD based product.
How do I reset my cursor in AutoCAD?
To reset the Snap angle rotation precision:
- Enter SNAPANG on the command line.
- Enter 90 at the prompt and press Enter.
- Re-enter SNAPANG on the command line.
- Enter 0 at the prompt and press Enter.
How do I change the sensitivity of my cursor in AutoCAD?
Go to Control Panel → Mouse → Select Pointer Options tab → Adjust Motion pointer speed → Click OK.
Why is AutoCAD lagging?
Install the latest AutoCAD update (see Install Updates, Add-ons, and Enhancements). Clear the AutoCAD graphics cache by typing CACHEMAXFILES on the command line and set it to 0 (zero), then restart AutoCAD. … Enable hardware acceleration within AutoCAD (see How to enable or disable hardware acceleration in AutoCAD).
How do I unlock my cursor in AutoCAD?
If you need to select or move the file, you can unlock it.
- Click an empty space on the diagram to deselect anything that may already be selected.
- Rest your cursor on the outside edge of the AutoCAD drawing until your cursor changes to this icon:
- Right-click, and then click CAD Drawing Object > Properties.
How can I make AutoCAD run faster?
- Delete the contents of the Windows TEMP folder. See How to delete temporary files in Windows.
- Disable your antivirus program to see if it’s slowing down your AutoCAD software. …
- Eliminate slow network performance. …
- If you’re using Windows 7, change the desktop theme to Windows Basic.
Why is AutoCAD not snapping?
Press F3 to toggle osnaps on/off. Check that osnap is On (OSNAP command) and that the snap function is also selected. Flatten the drawing or make sure that all objects are on the same plane, or with the same Z value. Check the value of the AUTOSNAP variable and make sure that it is an odd number.
How do I clear my cache in AutoCAD?
To delete all cache files that are not currently open using AutoCAD Map 3D Options:
- In Map 3D, on the Settings menu, click Autodesk Map 3D Options (command MAPOPTIONS).
- In the Map 3D Options dialog box, click the System tab.
- On the System tab, click Clear Cache.
- Click OK.
How do I turn on crosshairs in AutoCAD?
To bring the crosshair back
- Click anywhere on the ribbon.
- Move the mouse cursor over the Viewport Controls in the upper-left corner of the drawing window.
- Change the visual style.
- Switch between model and layout tabs.
- Minimize and then restore AutoCAD.
- Close and reopen the drawing.
- Exit and relaunch AutoCAD.
How do I change my ortho settings in AutoCAD?
Right-click on the Object Snap button on the status bar and choose Object Snap Settings… to change the default object snap setting. AutoCAD can help you draw perfectly vertical or horizontal lines. AutoCAD does this with both the Ortho Mode and Polar Tracking buttons.
How do I reset AutoCAD to default settings?
To reset AutoCAD for Mac or AutoCAD LT for Mac, click the program menu and choose “Reset AutoCAD.”
AutoCAD for Mac
- From the AutoCAD menu, click Preferences.
- In Preferences, click the Application tab.
- Click the Reset Application Options button.
- Click Reset AutoCAD.
How do I change my mouse wheel to pan in AutoCAD?
Scrolling is the same in AutoCAD as in any other Windows program: Either click the arrows on the scroll bars on the right and bottom borders of the drawing window to scroll, or pan, a step at a time, or click and drag the little scroll boxes to pan as little or as much as you want.