How can I reduce the thickness of my Catia?
- Click Thickness . …
- Select the faces to thicken, i.e. both faces as shown:
- The faces become red and the application displays the thickness value in the geometry.
- Enter a positive value. …
- Click OK . …
- Double-click the thickness to edit it.
What is surface thickness?
The Surface Thickness Measuring Device has a measuring range of 1500 µm. This means that the Surface Thickness Measuring Device is used, for example, in a paint shop, for incoming goods inspection or for an expert.
What is the SI unit of surface energy?
The SI composite unit of surface energy density is the joule per square meter.
How do you add a thickness to a surface in Solidworks?
Click Thicken (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Boss/Base > Thicken. In the graphics area, select a Surface to Thicken . In the PropertyManager, under Thicken Parameters, select the side of the surface you want to thicken. When you select Thicken Both Sides , it adds the Thickness you specify to both sides.
How do you smooth the surface of Catia?
- Click the Control Points icon: The Control Points dialog box appears.
- Select Surface. 1 .
- Select the control point as shown.
- Click the Smooth icon: You can adjust the smoothing factor slider to fit your needs. …
- Click OK to validate modifications and close the dialog box.
How do you create an offset?
How to use the Offset feature in Design Space
- Insert images or text onto the Canvas. …
- Select Offset. …
- Choose a corner style for your offset. …
- Weld Offsets is selected by default when a text box, a design with multiple layers, or multiple objects are selected. …
- Select Apply to create the offset.
Which command can fill the small gap between the surfaces in Catia?
This task shows how to heal surfaces, that is how to fill any gap that may be appearing between two surfaces. This command can be used after having checked the connections between elements for example, or to fill slight gaps between joined surfaces. Open the Healing1. CATPart document from the Join Healing toolbar.