Select a object to be moved and select “Transform” on right-click menu. Arrows and spheres appear for each direction X, Y, Z on 3D view. If you want to translate the object, drag an arrow. If you want to rotate the object, drag a sphere.
How do I select a body in Freecad?
Double-click the Body in the tree view or open the context menu (right-click) and select Toggle active body to activate or deactivate the Body.
How do you navigate in Freecad?
Hold Ctrl, then press the left mouse button over an object you want to select. Hold the middle mouse button, then move the pointer. Use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out. Alternatively, hold the middle mouse button, then press and hold the left mouse button, then move the pointer.
How do I move multiple objects in Freecad?
Re: move group of objects
However the most likely thing you want is, multi select all the items you want to move, then “edit” menu… placement… tick the tick box to put it in incremental mode.
How do you recompute Freecad?
- To force a recompute select the document or one or more objects in the Tree view, choose the. Mark to recompute option from the context menu, and invoke the command.
- For objects, but not for documents, you can also choose Recompute object from the same context menu (introduced in version 0.19).
How do you combine bodies in Freecad?
- Select two or more shapes.
- Press the Part Fuse button in the Part tools toolbar. Use the Part → Boolean → Union entry in the Part menu.
How do I hide a part in Freecad?
- Select one or more objects. Invisible objects can be selected in the Tree view. Be careful when you use Ctrl+A to select all objects in the Tree view. …
- Select the View → Toggle visibility option from the menu. Select the View → Visibility → Toggle visibility option from the menu.
How does FreeCAD measure distance?
There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Press the Std MeasureDistance button.
- Select the Tools → Measure distance option from the menu.
How do I get rid of the grid on Freecad?
If that is the case, you will want to first go to the Draft Workbench, then go to Edit > Preferences… > Draft > Grid and snapping tab. There you can set your grid preferences.