How do you activate a viewport in AutoCAD?
To select a viewport that is completely contained within another viewport in a layout, double-click within the larger viewport to activate it, then use CTRL+R to switch activated viewports until the desired viewport is selected. The viewports will shift according to the order in which the viewports were created.
Where can the ViewCube be found on the screen?
The ViewCube can be found in the upper right hand corner of the screen and you’ll notice as you hover your mouse closer to it, the navigation tools, along with the ViewCube, become brighter or more enabled.
How do I turn on compass in AutoCAD?
Display or hide ViewCube or Compass
- Right-click the ViewCube, and click Options.
- In the ViewCube Options dialog box, under Compass, select, or clear the check box for Show the Compass. When selected, the compass displays beneath the ViewCube, and indicates the direction of North for the model. …
- Click OK.
Why can’t I see my viewport in Autocad?
To restore the missing viewport, do the following: In the Layer Properties Manager, make sure the layer that contains the viewport geometry is not turned off or frozen. Go to the layout tab that contains the problem viewport. … On the Quick Select dialog box, set the Object type to Viewport and click OK.
How do I set active viewport?
Click View tab Viewports panel New. In the Viewports dialog box, New Viewports tab, under Standard Viewports, select Single. Click to specify one corner of the new layout viewport. Click to specify the opposite corner.
How do you show ViewCube in Autocad LT?
Access. On the Tools tab Options panel Application Options, click the Display tab, and then click ViewCube .
How do you hide a cube in AutoCAD?
How do I turn off ViewCube in AutoCAD? You have two options for toggling the ViewCube AutoCAD on or off: Click View tab > Viewport Tools panel > View Cube. Enter the “NAVVCUBE” Command > Type “Off” and press Enter.
What is AutoCAD ViewCube?
The ViewCube is a 3D navigation tool that appears when the 3D graphics system is enabled and allows you to switch between standard and isometric views. Once the ViewCube is displayed, it displays in one of the corners of the drawing window over the model in an inactive state.
Is there a compass in AutoCAD?
How do I show compass in AutoCAD? Click View tab MEP View panel Compass . … enter a value for Compass Diameter. display color of the Compass.
How do you show a 3D cube in AutoCAD?
Show or Hide the ViewCube by Visual Style
- Right-click the drawing area and choose Options.
- On the 3D Modeling tab, under Display Tools In Viewport Display The ViewCube, click or clear: 2D Wireframe Visual Style. All Other Visual Styles.
How do you add a north arrow in AutoCAD 2018?
To Work With North Arrows
- If desired, create a display map and add any viewports you need. See To Work With Display Maps. …
- Switch to paper space.
- Click Layout Tools tab > North Arrow.
- Select a north arrow style from the list. …
- Select a viewport for the north arrow.
- Click a spot to place the center of the north arrow.