To change the plane, right click on the sketch in the Feature Manager and select the Edit Sketch Plane Icon. When you do, the Edit Sketch Plane command opens. To change the plane, right click in the window and clear the selections.
How do I go back to sketch in Solidworks?
To exit a sketch, do one of the following:
- Click Rebuild (Standard toolbar) or click Edit > Rebuild.
- Click Exit Sketch on the Sketch toolbar.
- Click Insert > Exit Sketch.
- Right-click and select Exit Sketch .
- Click Exit Sketch or Cancel in the Confirmation Corner.
- Click Edit > Exit Sketch without Saving Changes.
How do I switch between windows in Solidworks?
Ctrl+Tab. This shortcut is used to switch between open documents inside of SOLIDWORKS and works with drawings, assemblies and parts. Think Ctrl+ Alt + Tab in Windows, just for SOLIDWORKS.
What is the command to move a sketch onto a different plane?
In a part or assembly file, use Redefine to move a sketch to a different plane. To move a sketch to a planar face or work plane, in the browser, right-click the sketch, and click Redefine. You can use constraints and dimensions to position it, and modify its size.
How do you move a shape in Solidworks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body: Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy . Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies. Apply mates between bodies.
How do you split a face in Solidworks?
To split a face by projecting a new sketch:
- In the Fixture or an External Loads PropertyManager, select the Split tab.
- Under Type of Split: Select Sketch. …
- When you finish sketching, click Exit Sketch. …
- For Other Faces to Split , select the faces to project the sketch onto.
- Optionally, select either: …
- Click Create Split.
What does split line do in Solidworks?
tool projects an entity (sketch, solid, surface, face, plane, or surface spline) to surfaces, or curved or planar faces. It divides a selected face into multiple separate faces.
Where is command manager in Solidworks?
To access the CommandManager:
- Click Tools > Customize.
- On the Toolbars tab, select Enable CommandManager.
- Click OK.
How do you delete a 3d sketch in Solidworks?
To delete something, right-click on it in the design tree and select “delete.” If you choose the wrong plane: If you happen to select the wrong plane for the sketch, you have two solutions. One is to exit the sketch and delete it.
How do we create a profile in Solidworks?
To create a weldment profile:
- Open a new part.
- Sketch a profile. Keep in mind that when you create a weldment structural member using the profile: …
- Close the sketch.
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select Sketch1.
- Click File > Save As.
- In the dialog box:
Which of the following signify that a sketch is fully defined?
Which of the following signify that a sketch is fully defined? All lines are black. If you select a face to draw a sketch, the sketch entities cannot extend beyond the edges of that face.
Does SOLIDWORKS have keyboard shortcuts?
With SOLIDWORKS keyboard shortcuts, you’ll be able to launch commands quickly instead of wasting time searching for them in the toolbar. Plus, you can create custom shortcuts based on the commands and features you use most frequently. What are SOLIDWORKS mouse gestures?
How do I Cascade Windows in SOLIDWORKS?
To cascade document windows: Click Window > Cascade. Search ‘Cascade’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base. SOLIDWORKS welcomes your feedback concerning the presentation, accuracy, and thoroughness of the documentation.