How do you save a 3D object as a STL file?
From the menu bar, select File > Save as. Next, choose a location for your file, and from the Save as type drop-down list, select STL (*. stl), and click Save.
How do I save a STL file in SolidWorks?
STL Export Options
- Click File, Save As.
- Select STL (*. stl) for Save as type, then click Options.
- Select from the options described below, then click OK.
- Click Save to export the document.
How do I save a STL file in SketchUp?
Exporting a SketchUp model as an STL File
- Select File > Export > 3D Model. …
- Navigate to the location where you want to save your exported file.
- (Optional) In the appropriate text box, type a name for the exported STL file.
- From the Save As Type drop-down list, select STereolithography File (.
How do you save a 3D model?
To export a 3D print file:
- Click File > Print3D. …
- In the Print3D PropertyManager, expand Save To File.
- For Format, choose one of the following: …
- Click Save File.
- In the Save As dialog box, select a location for the saved file and type a file name. …
- Click Options. …
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
How do you convert steps to STL?
How to convert STEP files to STL online?
- Upload STEP-file. Click “Choose File” button to select a step file on your computer. STEP file size can be up to 100 Mb.
- Convert STEP to STL. Click “Convert” button to start conversion.
- Download your STL. When the conversion process is complete, you can download the STL file.
Is there a free version of Solidworks?
Currently, there are two options available to try SOLIDWORKS for free. The first option is through MySolidWorks which offers an online product trial of the latest version of SOLIDWORKS Premium, all from within your browser. … These SOLIDWORKS trials can be created for 7, 15, or 30 days.
What does an STL file look like?
The STL (STereoLithography) file format is an openly documented format for describing the surface of an object as a triangular mesh, that is, as a representation of a 3-dimensional surface in triangular facets.
How do I transfer files to a 3D printer?
To Send Files to a 3D Printing Service
- Open an Inventor file. …
- Click File Print Send to 3D Print Service.
- In the Send To 3D Print Service dialog box, in Export File Type, select the export file type from the drop-down menu: STL Files (*. …
- Click Options to view or adjust the options for the export file.
Can I print STL files?
As STL files are basic 3D models, almost any 3D modeling package can produce models for printing.
Can I export from SketchUp free?
The free version won’t export any of the file types you listed. SketchUp is indeed very powerful and capable of a lot of things. The free web version is much simplified compared to the desktop versions, especially Pro. The free version won’t export any of the file types you listed.
What program opens STL files?
7 of the best free STL file editors
- MeshLab. MeshLab is a very complete free and open source program to edit your STL files. …
- SketchUp. SketchUp, which used to be called Google SketchUp, is a 3D modeling software that now belongs to the architectural company Trimble Buildings. …
- SculptGL. SculptGL is a free 3D sculpting tool.
Does SketchUp free support STL files?
It even works in Free! There are two ways to make STL files for 3D printing with SketchUp’s desktop program: To export your model as an STL file, install the SketchUp STL extension from the SketchUp Team. You can also download and install this extension from within SketchUp, which we encourage.