You can reuse a drafting view from one Revit project in another Revit project, thus reducing rework. … In the Open dialog, select a project file, and click Open. The Insert Views dialog opens, which displays views that are saved in the project. From the list, select an option for views to display.
Can you copy views from one Revit file to another?
Solution: While Revit allows inserting Drafting views and schedules from an existing project, it does not have built in options to allow copying/inserting 3D / Plan views between different Revit projects.
How do I export a view in Revit?
Export Part of a 3D View
- In the Project Browser, right-click the 3D view to export, and click Duplicate View Duplicate. The duplicate view displays in the drawing area. …
- Rename the duplicate view: in the Project Browser, right-click the duplicate view, and click Rename. Enter a new name, and click OK.
How do you copy a detail view in Revit?
To copy the model geometry from an existing view into a new view, right-click the existing view in the Project Browser, and click Duplicate View Duplicate. If you right-click, and click Duplicate View Duplicate with Detailing, both the model geometry and the detail geometry are copied into the new view.
How do I import views into Revit?
Click Insert tab Import panel Insert from File drop-down Insert Views from File. In the Open dialog, select a project file, and click Open. The Insert Views dialog opens, which displays views that are saved in the project. From the list, select an option for views to display.
How do I copy a 3d view from one Revit file to another?
Open the same plan view in both projects. Right click on the 1st project’s project browser the 3D view you want to copy –> Select Show camera -> Press Ctrl + C (Copy) being on the 1st project plan view .> Go to the 2nd Project same plan view -> Go to Paste Alligned to view.
How do I get high quality images in Revit?
Export a View to an Image File
- Click File tab Export Images and Animations (Image).
- In the Export Image dialog, click Change to change the default path and file name for the image, if desired.
- Under Export Range, indicate the images to export: …
- Under Image Size, specify image display properties:
How do I export a 3D model in Revit?
- Open the 3D view of the project to export.
- Click File tab Export CAD Formats (DWG files).
- In the DWG Export dialog, click (Modify Export Setup).
- On the Solids tab of the Modify DWG/DXF Export Setup dialog, select Export as AutoCAD Architecture and AutoCAD MEP Objects. …
- For Prefer: …
- Click Next.
What does duplicate as dependent mean in Revit?
Duplicate as a Dependent creates a copy of the view and links it to the original (parent) view, as shown in the Project Browser below. View-specific changes made to the overall view, such as changing the Scale, are also reflected in the dependent (child) views and vice-versa.
How do I use drafting in Revit?
Use the detailing tools on the Annotate tab to sketch the details.
- Click View tab Create panel (Drafting View).
- In the New Drafting View dialog, enter a value for Name, and select a value for Scale. …
- Click OK. …
- In the Project Browser, expand Drafting Views to see the newly created drafting view listed.
How do I import a legend into Revit?
Select a legend view and copy it to the clipboard. Click Modify tab Clipboard panel Paste drop-down, and select one of the following options: Paste from Clipboard: Manually place the legend view onto another sheet view. Aligned to Selected Views: Specify from a list of sheet views in the current model.