To scale an entire SOLIDWORKS assembly, it is possible to scale each part independently, however this could be extremely tedious for an assembly with a large number of components. Alternatively, you can save the assembly as a multi-body part and scale this part in a single step.
Can you scale in Solidworks?
To scale a solid or surface model: In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale . Set options in the PropertyManager. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set.
How do you weigh an assembly in Solidworks?
Select items (components or solid bodies) to be evaluated. If no component or solid body is selected, the mass properties for the entire assembly or part are reported. Click Mass Properties (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Mass Properties. The calculated mass properties appear in the dialog box.
How do you scale an assembly on shape?
If you want to scale a complete assembly, yo can:
- create a new context in the assembly.
- create a copy of all the parts with transform and the option copy in place.
- and then scale all the parts.
How do I change the scale in Solidworks?
To set scales: To set the scale of an existing drawing sheet, do one of the following: In the status bar click Sheet Scale and click a scale. Right-click the sheet and select Properties, then edit the values of Scale.
How does solidworks calculate mass?
The mass properties of a part or assembly can be found by going to the evaluate tab and clicking on the icon labeled Mass Properties. The mass properties of a part/assembly can also be found by going to Tools>Evaluate>Mass Properties as shown below.
How does solidworks calculate volume?
In the FeatureManager design tree, select Intersect. Then in the CommandManager, on the Evaluate tab, click Mass Properties. The Mass Properties dialog box lists the calculated volume for the Intersect body.
How do I resize text on shape?
To resize the box, drag a corner (make sure the other corner is fixed). If the box has been dimensioned, you are not able to resize it by dragging. Note that when you drag the text box, you see only the text box until you lift your finger, then you see the text.
How do you transform on shape?
- Click .
- Select the sketch entities you want to move.
- Use the manipulator to drag and orient the sketch.
- Click in space when the sketch is placed and oriented as desired.
How do I merge two bodies in a SOLIDWORKS assembly?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
How do you convert assembly to a part?
Depending on how the assembly was made most of the time this process will work:
- Open the assembly Save As Part and select the All Components radio button and hit Save. …
- Go to Insert, Features, Combine: …
- Drag a box around the entire part to select everything and have ADD marked then select.