To save a sketch to a block file: Create a sketch. Click Save Sketch as Block (Blocks toolbar) or Tools > Blocks > Save .
How do I add a sketch to a library in SOLIDWORKS?
Saving Sketches in the Design Library
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select the sketch to add to the Design Library.
- In the Design Library, click Add to Library .
- In the PropertyManager, under Save To, type a file name and select a Design Library folder.
- Click . The sketch is saved as a block in your Design Library.
How do I reuse a sketch in SOLIDWORKS?
If you want to reuse the original sketch in another feature, simply make the sketch visible. When editing the sketch you can add contours and use them in the existing features and add new features to the new sketch entries.
How do I save in Sldblk?
Saving a Block
(Blocks toolbar) or Tools > Block > Save . The Save As dialog box appears. The default extension for block files is . sldblk.
Can SOLIDWORKS save as DXF?
You can export drawings as DXF or DWG files. You can set the options. Click File > Save As. … If the SOLIDWORKS to DXF/DWG Mapping dialog box appears, specify mapping options and click OK.
Can you convert SOLIDWORKS to AutoCAD?
From Solidworks, export the data to a different file format.
Import the Solidworks file directly into AutoCAD.
- On the command line in AutoCAD, type IMPORT.
- In the Import File dialog window, click the Files of type drop-down menu and select Solidworks (*. …
- Find and select the Solidworks file and click Open.
How do I save a library feature in SOLIDWORKS?
Creating a Library Feature
- Click the Design Library. …
- Click to pin down the Task Pane, and select Design Library .
- Browse to the folder where you want to add the library feature.
- Press Ctrl and in the FeatureManager design tree, select the features you want to save as a library feature.
How do I add a missing Design library in SOLIDWORKS?
Add to Library PropertyManager
- Click Add to Library on the Task Pane Design Library tab.
- Right-click an item in the FeatureManager design tree and select Add to Library.
- Drag an item from the FeatureManager design tree into the lower pane of the Design Library.
How do you use the same sketch for multiple features?
To create different features with the same sketch:
- Create a sketch.
- Create a feature from the sketch.
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select the same sketch used to create the first feature.
- Create a second feature from the sketch. You can add additional sketches as required to create the features.
What is a derived sketch in Solidworks?
Derives a sketch from another sketch that belongs to the same part, or derives a sketch from another sketch in the same assembly. When you derive a sketch from an existing sketch, you are assured that the two sketches will retain the characteristics that they share in common.
What is a Sldblk file?
SLDBLK file is a SolidWorks Blocks File. SolidWorks is a 3D mechanical CAD (computer-aided design) program that runs on Microsoft Windows and was developed by SolidWorks Corporation.
Where are blocks saved in SolidWorks?
The SOLIDWORKS software still supports . sldsym for inserting blocks and editing blocks, but all new blocks saved to external files use the . sldblk extension. To use the block in the Design Library, save it to the annotations folder in the Design Library.
What is a SolidWorks block?
You can make, save, edit, and insert blocks for drawing items and sketch entities that you use often, such as standard notes, title blocks, label positions, and so on. You can attach blocks to geometry or to drawing views, and you can insert them into sheet formats.