Revit files are not natively capable of being saved down. You can export to IFC, then re-import into a previous version.
How do I downgrade a Revit file?
Open the RVT file in the newer version of Revit. Export to an IFC or DWG (this export process converts the geometry in the file into a format which can be imported into the earlier version). Open/Import the IFC or DWG into the older version of Revit.
Can you save Revit to older version?
Causes: Revit is not designed with a feature to save to older version data formats.
Is Revit 2020 backwards compatible?
Important: Revit models are not backwards-compatible. When you create or modify a model using the current release of the software, you cannot open the model later using a previous release.
How do I save a file in Revit?
To save a copy of a file, use the Save As tool.
- Click File tab (Save As).
- Select a Project, Family, Template, or Library file type to save.
- In the Save As dialog, navigate to the desired folder.
- If desired, change the file name.
- To specify save options, click Options, set the options as desired, and click OK.
How do I save a Revit template as a project?
- In Revit, click the File Ribbon tab, hover the mouse over New, and then select Project.
- If the desired template is not in the drop-down list of Project Templates, click Browse.
- In the Choose Template dialog box, navigate to the . rte file you’ve been working in.
- Click OK.
- The new “project” (. …
- Save the project.
What version of Revit is my file?
How to see what Version of Revit a Project was Saved in
- Open Revit.
- On the Revit home screen, under projects click “Open”
- Navigate to your project file and left click on it once.
- In the preview window to the right Revit now displays the Project version.
How do I upgrade to Revit 2020?
Update from Autodesk Account
- Go to the Product Updates tray in Autodesk Account to find updates, improvements, or patches that have been released for your product.
- Select and install the updates you want.
How do I open a Revit file in later?
In Revit browse to the model in question and select it, without opening (single click). On the right of the open dialog, under the file preview, note the version of Revit listed (this is the version the model was last saved in). To open the model, launch the version of Revit the file was created in and open the model.
Is there a Revit viewer?
To open and review models without an active license, you can run Revit in viewer mode. Revit Viewer is intended for reviewing models and printing views and sheets without the need for a software license or subscription.
What is an IFC file in Revit?
The Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) file format is maintained by buildingSMART®. … The format establishes international standards to import and export building objects and their properties. IFC improves communication, productivity, delivery time, and quality throughout the life cycle of a building.
Can I open a Revit LT file in Revit?
You can save a Revit LT project using Revit. You can then use Revit to make and save changes, and then open the project in Revit LT again. For more information, see About Working in Revit Projects in Revit LT. If you use Revit LT to open a workshared Revit project, additional considerations apply.
What is the use of IFC in Revit?
The Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) file format is maintained by buildingSMART®. IFC provides an interoperability solution between different software applications. The format establishes international standards to import and export building objects and their properties.