You can replace a part with a subassembly or vice versa. You can replace one, more than one, or all instances of a component at the same time. You can replace a component with another that has the same name and type but comes from a different folder.
How do you disassemble a part in Solidworks?
To dissolve a subassembly: In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the subassembly you want to dissolve, and select Dissolve Subassembly. You can also select the subassembly icon and click Edit > Dissolve Assembly. The components become components of the immediate parent assembly, and the subassembly is removed.
How do I start a new part in Solidworks?
Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part. For externally saved parts, type a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save. Select a plane or planar face (while the pointer is ). Editing focus changes to the new part and a sketch opens in the new part.
How do I change a part reference in Solidworks assembly?
To edit the locations and names of referenced files:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In the Open dialog box, click References. The Edit Referenced File Locations dialog box appears.
- Edit the path or file name by using one of the following methods: Click a cell to change the name or path. Then, click a different cell.
How do I edit a explode in Solidworks?
To edit an explode step:
- To open the Explode PropertyManager: Right-click Exploded View and click Edit Feature. …
- Reposition the components: To move a component along its axis, drag the handle . …
- Update the options in the PropertyManager: Select components to add to the step. …
- Click Undo to undo changes.
- Click Done.
How do you replace a part in an assembly?
Click Replace Components (Assembly toolbar). Click File > Replace. Right-click a component and select Replace Components.
What is the quickest way to start the SOLIDWORKS program?
What is the quickest way to start the SolidWorks program? Open the program via a desktop shortcut. How do you copy a part within the SolidWorks program? Select Save As and save the part under a new title.
Does SOLIDWORKS have free version?
Currently, there are two options available to try SOLIDWORKS for free. The first option is through MySolidWorks which offers an online product trial of the latest version of SOLIDWORKS Premium, all from within your browser. … These SOLIDWORKS trials can be created for 7, 15, or 30 days.
Is SOLIDWORKS free for students?
If your school has SOLIDWORKS, you can install a free student license for your personal computer. These are provided for free to schools with 60 users or more. Downloads can be obtained through your instructor.
How do you fix a broken reference in Solidworks?
Replacing Broken References
- Select a file with a broken reference.
- Click Tools > Update References . …
- Select a reference to replace and click Edit > Replace File.
- In the Replace File dialog box, browse to the file that will replace the broken reference.
- Click Open.
How do I change a reference in Solidworks?
To change file references in a drawing view:
- Click Replace Model. (Drawing toolbar) or Tools > Replace Model.
- In the PropertyManager, under Selected Views, select a drawing view.
- Under New Model, browse to select a part or an assembly file, and click Open.
- Double-part icon. …
- Click .
How do I change an external reference in Solidworks?
Update Path for External References
- Select an update holder in the tree to highlight the corresponding sketch in the graphics area.
- Right-click an update holder and click List External Refs to lock, unlock, or break the external references.
How do I merge two bodies in a SOLIDWORKS assembly?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .