To create an assembly feature cut: Open a sketch on a face or plane, and sketch a profile of the cut. The profile can contain more than one closed contour. Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve.
How do I stretch an assembly in SolidWorks?
(Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Stretch Entities. In the PropertyManager, under Entities to Stretch, select sketch entities for Sketch item or annotations. and then click on the sketch to set a base point. Drag to stretch the sketch entities.
How do you Extrude in assembly Creo?
There are several ways to activate the Extrude tool:
- Click Model > Extrude and create a sketch to extrude. This method is referred to as action-object.
- Select an existing sketch and then click Model > Extrude. …
- Select a datum plane or planar surface to use as the sketching plane and then click Model > Extrude.
How do you convert assembly to a part?
Depending on how the assembly was made most of the time this process will work:
- Open the assembly Save As Part and select the All Components radio button and hit Save. …
- Go to Insert, Features, Combine: …
- Drag a box around the entire part to select everything and have ADD marked then select.
How do I merge two bodies in a SOLIDWORKS assembly?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
How do you extrude from one sketch to another?
Extrude the Two Sketch Profiles
- Click Model tab Create panel Extrude on the ribbon, or press E to invoke the Extrude command. …
- Select the two sketch profiles.
- After selecting the profiles, the in-canvas display appears in the graphics window. …
- Click the flyout arrow on the Operation button and select the Cut option .
How do you select multiple faces in SolidWorks?
To select everything in the graphics area: Click Edit > Select All, or press Ctrl+A. To limit the selection to specific entities in a part, pre-select one or more entities in the graphics area. For example, pre-select an edge and a vertex to limit the selection to all edges and vertices.
Can you scale parts in SOLIDWORKS?
You can scale a part or surface model about its centroid, the model origin, or a coordinate system. In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale . …
How do you change the size of a part in SOLIDWORKS?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
How do you save an assembly as a part in SOLIDWORKS?
Save Assembly as Part PropertyManager
- In an assembly, click File > Save As.
- Select Part (*. prt;*. sldprt) for the file type.
- Select Include specified components.
- Select Override defaults.
- Click Save.
What is difference between one side and both sides in extrusion?
17) What is the difference between One Side and Both Sides in extrusion? One-side extrudes only one specified direction from the sketching plane. Both sides extrudes both sides of the sketching planes.
Can we extrude the sketch in both direction yes or no?
To extrude in both directions from the sketch plane in the PropertyManager, under Direction 1, select Through All – Both Directions. To extrude as a thin feature, set the PropertyManager options in Thin Feature.