The reason for this weird behaviour is simple: it turned out that Scope Box parameter becomes read-only if you modify the Crop Cregion sketch. Since the Revit Scope Box is a cube, it can’t be applied to those views that have non-rectangular Crop Region!
How do you turn on Scope box in Revit?
Set the Views Visible Property for a Scope Box
- Open a view in which you can see the scope box.
- Select the scope box.
- On the Properties palette, for the Views Visible property, click Edit. …
- Locate the appropriate view row (for example, South Elevation), and find its value in the Override column. …
- Click OK.
Why is crop view greyed out?
If Crop is grayed out check to make sure you are trying to crop a view that is not a parent to ANY other kind of views. A projected view is acceptable but if you’ve taken a detail or section view from it, Crop will become unavailable when anything is selected.
How do Scope boxes work in Revit?
Use scope boxes to control the extents of datum elements and cropping of views. Scope boxes make views more consistent and clean throughout your project, making it easier for you to control a view by adjusting the boundary of a scope box.
Which elements can a scope box can control Revit?
Scope boxes are used to control the extents of elements like grids, levels and reference planes. Each of these elements can be assigned to a specific scope box, limiting the 3D extents to the dashed green line limit.
How do you hide a scope box in Revit?
In the drawing area, select the scope box you want to hide, and do either of the following:
- Click Modify | Scope Boxes tab View panel Hide in View drop-down (Hide Elements).
- Right-click a scope box, and click Hide in view Elements.
Why can I not crop view in Revit?
Create a crop region. If the view is not cropped, On the View Control Bar, click (Crop View). If the view is cropped, but the crop region is not visible, click (Show Crop Region) on the View Control Bar. Resize the crop region as necessary by using the drag control or setting the size explicitly.
How do you unlock crop view in Revit?
Show or Hide Crop Regions
- On the View Control Bar, click (Show Crop Region or Hide Crop Region).
- In the Properties palette for the view, select or clear the Crop Region Visible setting.
How do you change the crop view in Revit?
Edit a Crop Region
- In a plan, elevation, or section view, select a crop region and click Edit Modify |
tab Mode panel Edit Crop.
- Use the tools on the Modify and Draw panels to edit the crop region as needed. …
- When you are finished, click Finish Edit Mode.