While doing the _SOLIDEDIT > Body > Shell command you can skip selecting a face, after doing so you just enter your shell offset and you will have a hollow sphere. In case you want the surface of a sphere (without any thickness) you can just draw a _SPHERE and use the _EXPLODE command afterwards.
How do you make something hollow in AutoCAD?
To create a hollow solid:
- Click Solid tab > Feature panel > Hollow to display the Hollow Solid dialog:
- Use the dialog to remove a face of a solid and offset it to create a hollow solid.
- Move the cursor over a solid. …
- Click the face of the solid you want to remove to highlight it.
How do you create a sphere in AutoCAD?
Create a Solid Sphere Defined by Three Points
- Click Home tab Modeling panel Sphere. Find.
- At the Command prompt, enter 3p (Three Points). Specify the first point.
- Specify the second point.
- Specify the third point.
How do I create a shell in AutoCAD?
To Create a 3D Solid Shell
- Click Home tab Solid Editing panel Solid Edit drop-down Shell. Find.
- Select the 3D solid object.
- Select one or more faces to be excluded from shelling and press Enter.
- Specify the shell offset distance. …
- Press Enter to complete the command.
How do you make a 3D object solid?
To Create a 3D Solid by Extruding
- If necessary, on the status bar click Workspace Switching and select 3D Modeling. Find.
- Click Solid tab > Solid panel > Extrude. Find.
- Select the objects or edge subobjects to extrude.
- Specify the height.
How do you make a sphere model?
Creating a Sphere in Sketchup
- Draw a Circle. First, hit “C” on your keyboard to open the circle tool. …
- Draw a Second Circle. Before you draw your second circle, type in the number of sides you want it to have in the lower right corner. …
- Draw a Second Circle. …
- Select Path > Tools > Follow Me > Select Circle.
What is cylinder command in AutoCAD?
You can control the smoothness of curved 3D solids, such as a cylinder, in a shaded or hidden visual style with the FACETRES system variable. … During a drawing session, the default value for the base radius is always the previously entered base radius value.